CII-Triveni Water Institute: A Centre of Excellence on Water
Triveni has partnered with CII for setting up of CII-Triveni Water Institute (CII-TWI), the first of its kind in the world where Government, industry and civil society have come together to address the water related issues in a holistic manner. The vision of CII-TWI is "to enable India make substantial progress towards achieving water security by 2022". Its core purpose is to transform water conservation and management in India by changing the mind-set and behaviour of stakeholders resulting in more effective and sustainable water management practices at the grassroots level.
CII-TWI, through its structured four verticals, namely Advisory Services (including Water Audits); Projects and Policy Advocacy; Training, Education and Capacity Building; and Communications and Events, is striving towards making the much desired change.
Impact and Achievements of CII-TWI include:
- Water Audits undertaken in over 100 companies resulting in the following benefits
- Achieved direct water saving of around 40 billion litres.
- Immediate 20-30% reduction in water use through low cost interventions
- Return period of on investments mostly
- Reduction in wastewater generation through recycle and regeneration mechanisms
- Identification of a roadmap for Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD), a strategy for better preparedness for meeting futuristic regulatory compliances.
- Identified possibilities of around 20-30% water use efficiency and 20 water saving projects in ten industrial sectors by engaging with Municipalities and Industries for promoting Water Use efficiency.
- Published a Handbook on Water Use Efficiency in Urban India, and shared amongst Industry members, Government and other stakeholders for mass awareness creation.
- Prepared a Baseline Report on CETPs in India: Status, Issues and Case study.
- Sensitised 2000+ stakeholders to enable them to adapt to the impacts of climate variability.
- Contributed to Policy Advocacy and provided inputs to the National Water Policy 2012.